Tuesday, August 4, 2009

AND more vacation time......


Hi:) So I went to Colca Canyon this past weekend with some friends (hence the photo above). It was fun, but really cold at night and in the early morning. Definitely gorgeous scenery on the way there and at the canyon (lots of condors flying really close-by).

After this trip I was excited to get back to school to see all the kids and review all the material from before break. I missed them so much....BUT when I got to school yesterday, there was no one around. I saw one of my students, Benjamin, on his bike and asked why they weren't in school. He told me that classes resume on the 10th not the 3rd. In spanish these dates are very similar ("el tres" "el diez"). Guess I heard wrong.

So, its another week of vacation. I've already planned all of the lessons for the rest of the year for 1st and 2nd grades. I think I'll have time to do every single grade for the rest of the year.......actually, that's really ambitious, so let's say at least 3rd and 4th grade this week.

The good news is that I spoke with the "real" Director today and made an appointment to visit him at his new school next week. CDCA is looking into other schools to build relationships with as the situation at Paz y Esperanza has proven to be an extremely difficult working environment. The Director is a great professional contact for CDCA and has welcomed us to evaluate the potential of working at the school he is currently serving in or perhaps other schools in the area. I'm especially excited to see what other schools are like. I haven't been exposed to another public school environment in Arequipa. Something tells me that this search will be promising.......

No comments:

Post a Comment